Players become wasters, cast out by the inner city into the anarchic wastes. They must carve out a niche of their own in the wastes. Rebuild the wastes, or utterly destroy them (there are nukes).
Wasters will feature a general-purpose set of rules for running a cyberpunk-themed game in B/X rules, which can be easily adapted to your favourite cyberpunk setting (even Nightlancer). It will also have a wasters campaign setting, featuring procedurally generated city blocks and events for your Wasters to explore and influence.
- Features enemies inspired by many well-known cyberpunk origins.
- Light and fast rules. Generate a character in 5 minutes and just start playing.
- Brutal high-stakes combat. Set a new record for your personal PC deaths, but your characters that survive will have earned it.
- Explore abandoned ruins for lost tech.
- Fight turf wars against gangs.
- Overthrow the police or corporations.
- Negotiate with weird hermits.
- Become the latest meal of psychotic raiders.
- Help out poor sad urchins (who then pick your pockets).
- Get crushed under the feet of massive security droids.
- Take a coffee jug to the face when confronted with haywire service bots.
- Implant new cyberware without really knowing what it does.
- Hack cyberspace without needing a whole new set of rules.
- Actually have cyberspace combat in parallel with real world combat.
- The cyberspace rules are less than a page. Anyone can play a hacker, not just people who want to read extra chapter(s) of rules.
Join the Wasters weekly playtests on the Adversity Games Discord server.
Sign up for the Adversity Games newsletter to find out about playtests, prototype rules and Kickstarter plans.
If you want a free copy of the Wasters RPG you can sign up to playtest Wasters with your gaming group! Sign up below to enter the cyberpunk wasteland!