Players become wasters, cast out by the inner city into the anarchic wastes. They must carve out a niche of their own in the wastes. Rebuild the wastes, or utterly destroy them (there are nukes).
Wasters will feature a general-purpose set of rules for running a cyberpunk-themed game in B/X rules, which can be easily adapted to your favourite cyberpunk setting (even Nightlancer). It will also have a wasters campaign setting, featuring procedurally generated city blocks and events for your Wasters to explore and influence.
- Features enemies inspired by many well-known cyberpunk origins.
- Light and fast rules. Generated a character in 5 minutes and just start playing.
- Brutal high-stakes combat. Set a new record for your personal PC deaths, but your characters that survive will have earned it.
- Explore abandoned ruins for lost tech.
- Fight turf wars against gangs.
- Overthrow the police or corporations.
- Negotiate with weird hermits.
- Become the latest meal of psychotic raiders.
- Help out poor sad urchins (who then pick your pockets).
- Get crushed under the feet of massive security droids.
- Take a coffee jug to the face when confronted with haywire service bots.
- Implant new cyberware without really knowing what it does.
- Hack cyberspace without needing a whole new set of rules.
- Actually have cyberspace combat in parallel with real world combat.
- The cyberspace rules are less than a page. Anyone can play a hacker, not just people who want to read extra chapter(s) of rules.
Join the Wasters playtesting on the Adversity Games Discord server.